Common Faults of Air Cooled Chillers
The air-cooled chiller is installed in the open air and is easily affected by outdoor sunlight. Therefore, maintaining good ventilation and a good environment has a direct impact on the cooling effect of the chiller. The faults, causes and solutions that often occur in the operation of air-cooled chillers are as follows:
(1) The compressor starts and stops frequently: the amount of refrigerant may be too much or too little, causing the pressure protection switch to act, the discharge pressure is too high or the suction pressure is too low, and it may also be caused by poor circulation of the water system and evaporation. Frost on the surface of the device, etc.
Treatment method: When it is determined that there is a lot of refrigerant, the excess refrigerant can be released at the exhaust port. If it is insufficient, check whether there is a leak and make up for the refrigerant.
Check whether the water circulation system is blocked or there is air, and it can be exhausted. If the circulating water volume is too small, an open chilled water circulation system can be used.
(2) When the compressor is running, the noise is loud: check whether the expansion valve fails, and the temperature bulb is separated from the suction pipe of the compressor, so that the liquid refrigerant returns to the compressor. If damaged, it should be repaired, and if the compressor is damaged, it should be replaced.
(3) Insufficient refrigeration capacity: The reason for insufficient refrigeration capacity may be insufficient refrigerant and low evaporating temperature. The cooling effect of the pipeline is not good, the heat dissipation of the equipment condenser is poor, and the resistance of the water circulation system is too large.
When processing, check whether the refrigerant pipeline is leaking, and after repairing, make up the refrigerant, repair the cold insulation layer, clean the condenser, and check whether the fan is running normally. Clean the line filter to keep the system circulating.
(4) Frost on the suction pipe of the compressor: it may be that the system is not properly emptied or the flow of chilled water is too large, or the flow of the system pipe is blocked and the flow is too small. The pipes should be emptied of air.
(5) The condensing pressure is too high: when there is too much refrigerant, the outside air temperature is too high and the equipment is not well ventilated. When there is air or non-condensable gas in the refrigerant system, the condensing pressure will be too high.
Treatment method: Discharge excess refrigerant, adjust and improve the ventilation environment around the equipment (such as setting up a sunscreen shed, etc.), and open the exhaust port to exhaust.
(6) The condensing pressure is too low: the refrigerant may be insufficient or the compressor is damaged. Check for leaks during processing. After repairing, make up the refrigerant and check the compressor. If it is damaged, it should be replaced.
(7) The suction pressure is too high: too much refrigerant and too much heat load. Improper adjustment of the expansion valve may cause the suction pressure to be too high.
Treatment method: discharge excess refrigerant, reduce the amount of chilled water, reduce the heat load, and re-adjust the opening of the expansion valve.
(8) The suction pressure is too low: there may be insufficient refrigerant, the opening of the expansion valve is too small, and the equipment pipeline in the water system is blocked. Check for leaks, replenish the refrigerant after repair, and adjust or replace the expansion valve.
Industrial chillers will inevitably fail during production. We need to confirm whether the compressor load is burned out or the components are worn out. If so, the refrigerant system will inevitably be polluted. For example, the residual refrigeration oil remains in the pipeline after carbonization. , the filter drier absorbs a lot of water and so on. Therefore, if the compressor burns out, we must first analyze the cause of the compressor burnout: whether it is a temperature control quality problem such as a contactor and an overload device in the control box, whether it is a set value change or adjustment error, whether it is due to a different power supply voltage. Stable; whether the operator is operating in the normal sequence, etc.
We are a professional manufacturer of temperature control equipment, supporting customized services, please consult us for details!
Temperature Control Range: -150°C to +50°C
Temperature Control Range: -120°C to +350°C
Temperature Control Range: -40°C to +100°C
Temperature Control Range: -85°C to +250°C
Temperature Control Range: -150°C to -10°C