The development direction of modern refrigeration equipment is the unitization of refrigeration system. Chiller is a kind of chiller that assembles all or part of refrigeration equipment into a whole and directly provides users with the required refrigerant water.
There are many types of chillers, and different chillers are suitable for different environments and purposes.
- Refrigeration system load = indoor load + reheat load + fresh air load. If the total load of the air conditioning system is calculated by the air conditioning load estimation index, the refrigeration system load = the total load of the air conditioning system.
- When selecting electric driven chiller, centrifugal chiller should be selected when the refrigerating capacity of single air conditioner Q > 1163kw. When q = 580-1163kw, centrifugal or screw chillers should be selected. When Q < 580kw, piston chiller should be selected. When the average outdoor temperature in winter is higher than – 10 ℃, the heat pump cold and hot water unit can be selected.
- The cop of the refrigeration system of the electric driven refrigerator is about three times higher than that of the thermal system of the absorption refrigerator. The order of consumption from low to high is: centrifugal type, screw type, piston type and absorption type. Therefore, only when there is a suitable heat source, especially in the place where waste heat or waste heat can be used, or in the place where power is lacking, it is appropriate to choose an absorption refrigerator.
- Generally, 2-4 chillers should be selected, 2 for small and medium-sized scale, 3 for large scale and 4 for extra large scale. The possibility of mutual standby and rotation of equipment shall be considered. The combination scheme of equipment matching with different capacities can be adopted in the refrigeration room to save energy consumption.
- Environmental pollution should be considered when selecting the chiller: first, noise and vibration should meet the requirements of the surrounding environment. The second is the harm degree of refrigerant to the atmospheric ozone layer and the size of greenhouse effect.
- For the selection of the number of chillers, try to avoid selecting a single unit. If conditions permit, two or more chillers can be selected. In this way, the standby unit can not be considered, and when the load changes.